Our team of First Contact Physios can help adult patients with musculoskeletal issues such as back, neck and joint pain by assessing and diagnosing issues, giving expert advice on how best to manage their conditions and referring them onto specialist services if necessary.
Patients are able to self-refer and GPs may also refer patients to the service. The benefits for patients are:
- Quicker access to treatment and diagnosis – patients can contact their local physiotherapist directly via their GP practice, rather than waiting to see a GP or being referred to hospital
- By making it easier for patients to access physiotherapist, patients will have quicker access to diagnosis and treatment, helping them to manage their conditions more effectively and recover faster, so they can get back to normal life quickly.
And having FCPs in GP practices also assists the GP workload and reduces the need for onward referrals.
Our First Contact Physio team is able to see adult patients with
- Soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries
- Arthritis – any joint
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone, eg tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain
- Spinal-related pain in arms or legs, including nerve symptoms, eg pins and needles or numbness
- Post-orthopaedic surgery
- Women’s health, antenatal and postnatal problems
For further information, please click on the link – Pure Physiotherapy’s service